Monday, July 5, 2010

Welcome to “My Boxes” – In touch with Life!

“Do not pursue the past. Pursue the past means to regret what has already come and gone. We regret the loss of the beautiful things of the past which we can no longer find in the present. When someone thinks how his body was in the past, how his feelings were in the past, how his perceptions were in the past, how his mental factors were in the past, how his consciousness was in the past, when he thinks that and gives rise to a mind which is enslaved by those things which belong to the past, then that person is pursuing the past. (…) We should not pursue the past because the past no longer is. When we are lost in thoughts of the past, we lose the present. Life exists only in the present moment. To lose the present is to lose life. We must say good-bye to the past so that we may return to the present. To return to the present is to be in touch with life.”


[From “OUR APPOINTMENT WITH LIFE” – Discourse on living happily in the present moment by Thich Nhat Hanh]

Sunrise in My Boxes. From my balcony.

A path full of stars in My Boxes.

Blue skies, eclectic buildings and tropical nature in My Boxes.

Colorful, happy vegetation in My Boxes.
Sunset on the other side of the pond from My Boxes.
Colorful breathtaking sunsets in My Boxes
Full Moon over My Boxes.

No comments: